From blue milk.
1) Five names you go by
My IRL name
Mrs Newman (This is my married name, which I do not use except occasionally I’ll get called it by assumption, but it really isn’t me)
Raye -from friends, diminutive of my IRL name
Squirt – Well I don’t really go by this anymore (fortunately). It was my nickname in highschool because I was a little squirt.
2) Three things you are wearing right now.
Cream coloured shorts (hate them, but need to get some washing done, so its all I’ve got right now)
Stripy t-shirt (Bleach accident has rendered some parts of the navy stripes pink so this is officially a house shirt)
3) Two things you want very badly at the moment.
To finish my thesis without too many sleepless nights
To have completed the Christmas shopping as quickly and painlessly as possible
4) Three people who I’d like to see fill this out.
Luli, Hellonhairylegs and the person reading this!
5) Two things you did last night.
Hosted a Christmas party.
Stayed up late drinking cocktails.
6) Two things you ate today.
Party left overs and candy coated peanuts.
7) Two people you last talked to on the phone.
My mum and a well-mannered friend who rang to thank my husband and I for our party. Can I just say that most kids of my generation do not have manners like and this and don’t even RSVP properly – little lone thank the host with a nice phone call.
Two things you are going to do today.
Go to bed early (oops, getting a little for that)
Clean up the house (mostly got done)
9) Two longest car rides.
Road trip from Melbourne (caught the train to and drove back from, car trip of about 14hours)
As a kid I spent two weeks in a campervan being driven around New Zealand. Does that count as a car ride?
10) Two of your favourite drinks.
Gin and Tonic
11) And bold the ones you’ve done.
1. Started my own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii (actually planning a trip end of next year, there’s a conference there that I plan to attend)
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than I can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world (Have not been to the US yet and suspect this meme to be a little USA-centric)
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sung a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched lightning at sea
14. Taught myself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning (a couple of days before I got married)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown my own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Skied a marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught myself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restuarant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance (does travelling with my daughter who was being transported count?)
47. Had my portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkelling (Both)
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi concentration camp
67. Bounced a cheque
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favourite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had my picture in the paper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chicken pox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Ridden an elephant